Refrigerators come in varying shapes and styles with a number of features to choose from. It is necessary to consider your unique needs when choosing your refrigerator, so here are some tips to help you.
- Decide what style you want: Choose a built in fridge if you want a sleek look, but these can be smaller and more expensive than other options. Choose a top freezer refrigerator if you want a basic, economical choice. Pick a bottom-freezer refrigerator if you want your refrigerator shelves to be easier to reach. Consider a refrigerator drawer if you want extra space, these usually hold speciality items such as beverages.
- Decide whether you want an ice maker/water dispenser: This type of refrigerator will have to be hooked up to your plumbing system and can require more repairs than other refrigerators. However, they are great in summer and are a quick and efficient way of getting ice cool drinks.
- Choose the size: Most refrigerators have a tag to indicate their capacity, top freezer refrigerators have the least space, side by side refrigerators have the most.
- Choose interiorfeatures: Choose a refrigerator with adjustable drawers and shelves is flexibility is important to you. Deep door bins allow you to store bulkier items such as milk jugs.
- Frost Free? – Having frost free means the whole machine defrosts itself, saving you time & energy, but you will lose some space in the freezer so not ideal if you buy a small unit to begin with.